Getting the buffs out of the way first (ignoring heroes unreleased in Dota2):
– Chilling Touch manacost rescaled from 140 to 110/120/130/140
– Agility growth increased from 1.2 to 2.3
– Shallow Grave cast range rescaled from 400/600/800/1000 to 550/700/850/1000
– Scorched Earth now also affects other units you control
– Doom now has too much armor! (+1)
– Aftershock stun duration rescaled from 0.3/0.7/1.2/1.5 to 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5
– Aftershock damage increased from 25/45/75/115 to 50/75/100/125
– Enchant Totem cooldown decreased from 6 to 5
– Untouchable AS reduction increased from 20/40/60/80 to 20/50/80/110
– Base Int increased from 15 to 17
– Spirit Wolves armor increased by 1
– Moonlight Shadow duration increased from 11 to 15 seconds
– Cast animation time decreased from 0.4 to 0.25
– Reaper’s Scythe stun/delay increased from 1 to 1.5 seconds
– Purification cast range rescaled from 400/500/600/700 to 700
– Illusory Orb cooldown decreased from 13 to 12
– Decrepify cooldown decreased from 13/11/9/7 to 12/10/8/6
– Shadow Poison cooldown decreased from 3 to 2.75
– Base agility increased by 6
– Haunt no longer ends when you use reality (the targeted illusion is still replaced by you though)
– Damage increased by 10
– Leech Seed cooldown decreased from 18/16/14/12 to 16/14/12/10
– Overgrowth cooldown decreased from 80 to 70
– Living Armor damage instances increased from 6 to 7
– Living Armor can be cast through the minimap (only considers heroes and towers/rax in this mode)
– Wave of Terror damage increased from 18.75/37.5/56.25/75 to 30/50/70/90
– Base strength increased by 3
– Shadow Word cooldown decreased from 20 to 16
– Shukuchi damage increased from 90/100/110/120 to 90/110/130/150
– Strength growth increased from 1.8 to 2.3
Nothing earth-shattering there. Pretty conservative set of buffs for a bunch of heroes that see little tournament play, bad public MM win rates, or both. Treant of course sees another set of buffs along the same line as before. Clockwerk’s new agi growth appears targeted to boost his late game survivability, which is probably warranted. Dazzle and Omniknight’s range increases could end up to be two of the larger changes. Spectre’s ult change could be a slightly bigger deal than it appears at first, giving her more or a reason to skill up her ult for the potential mindgames. Weaver’s Shukuchi damage buff is totally warranted, but might not be enough. Zeus’ strength buff is an interesting case of trying to target a buff to a hero who stomps at lower skill levels but falls off at the higher levels and in tournament play.
But yeah, pretty conservative. Nothing in there that’ll jeopardize vacation time. So let’s move on to the nerfs.
– Great Cleave damage decreased from 25/40/55/70 to 20/35/50/65
– Warcry duration decreased from 8 to 7 seconds
This is a pretty soft touch. I was right about Cleave being the primary target, though I did expect area nerfs over damage nerfs. Sven should still be viable, but this should also shake up carry picks quite a bit more. Big contrast from the post-International gutting that Morphling received.
On a related note, one of Sven’s favorite items is also taking a bit of a hit, but also receiving a slight cost reduction.
– Crit multiplier decreased from 2.7 to 2.4
– Recipe cost decreased from 1200 to 1000
– Damage decreased from 35 to 30
– Skewer no longer affects magic immune units
– Skewer cast range rescaled from 1200 to 600/800/1000/1200
– Reverse Polarity duration decreased from 2.5/3.25/4 to 2.25/3/3.75
Magnus, on the other hand, took a bit of a hit. Warranted, admittedly, but the Skewer cast range hurts when he’ll almost always want to max Shockwave first.
– Track no longer reduces armor
Another deserving nerf. Bounty Hunter was a pretty successful fixture in tournament play, and has enjoyed a lot of success in public matchmaking on the side. The nerf primarily targets his late game debuffing potential – the current armor debuff at 6 is only 1 – so we’ll have to pay close attention to see how big of a hit this is. I did predict a Track nerf, but I underestimated Icefrog’s tendency to leave the most broken aspect of the hero untouched in lieu of nerfing around it.
– Decay damage reduced from 40/80/120/160 to 20/60/100/140
I recused myself from Undying speculation yesterday, but this is again pretty much expected. Kinda makes me wonder if tournament Undying’s were maxing Decay before Tombstone. In any case, it’ll be interesting to see where he ends up.
– Batrider can no longer attack while using Flaming Lasso
– Refraction manacost increased from 75 to 100
I predicted minor nerfs for these two and I’d say that’s what we’re getting. They’re certainly not inconsequential, but they don’t particularly get in the way of either heroes’ specialty. Also, no Dark Seer nerfs.
– Ice Path damage from 100 to 25/50/75/100
Right about Ice Patch, wrong about damage over cooldown. Kinda wondering if this will really be enough, but time will tell.
And finally, the terrible twosome
– Movement speed decreased from 305 to 300
– Double Edge no longer interrupts channeling
– Stampede now applies a 100% slow instead of a stun (as always, units cannot be slowed below 100 movement speed)
– Trueshot Aura now only affects non-hero units within 900 range of Drow
These changes definitely fit the narrative that Centaur was the more universally overpowered hero. The Stampede change in particular is a big deal. Drow on the other hand merely gets her global push clipped, and that might end up being enough. I’d expect her to still hit that 52-55% win rate range (so a bit higher than she was in 6.75), but it’ll likely decay the higher the skill level of the game.
Finally, both Skadi and Shiva’s see small buffs
Eye of Skadi
– HP bonus increased from 200 to 250
– MP bonus increase from 150 to 250
– Freezing Aura’s attack speed reduction increased from 25 to 30
Oh and something about harpies that I guess might matter to Doombringer. Can’t bring myself to care that much about Doombringer, time for sleep.